Top 20 Reasons to Visit & Buy in Palm Beach
Top 20 Reasons to Visit & Buy in Palm Beach
- Top Tourist Destination: One of America’s top tourist locations, Palm Beach County draws six million visitors annually. Tourism employs 60,000 residents and contributes $6.8 billion in total economic impact to Palm Beach County each year.
- Clean Air, Sunny Weather: Palm Beach County boasts an average annual temperature of 78 degrees and about 234 days of sunshine year-round. It also averages only one day per year of smog, according to the American Lung Association’s latest report on the nation’s air.
- Florida’s Golf Capital: Palm Beach County has the most public and private golf courses in the state with 160 public and private courses. Known as Florida’s Golf Capital, the county boasts some of the nation’s most acclaimed golf resorts, pro-designed executive and championship courses, and regularly hosts leading PGA sanctioned tournaments.
- World-Class Shopping: From Worth Avenue to the Town Center at Boca Raton, Palm Beach County offers some of the most beautiful and luxurious shopping venues in the U.S.
- Restaurants: In Palm Beach County, you can savor world wide Celebrity chefs are opening restaurants throughout the region. Clematis Street and City Place are two top places for upscale dining.
- Boating: On the sea or in fresh water, Palm Beach County offers fishing, diving, boating and more water activities. Participate in the nation’s best bass fishing in Lake Okeechobee, the largest lake in the southeastern United States. Snorkel and dive in the GulfStream-warmed water to view more than 20 reefs in the area. Palm Beach County also has direct access to the world-renowned Florida Everglades.
- International Airport: Palm Beach International Airport serves more than six million passengers a year, and is within close proximity to the destination’s legendary resorts, beaches, and the Palm Beach County Convention Twelve domestic and international airlines serve the airport with approximately 200 scheduled commercial flights arriving and departing daily. Voted third best airport in the U.S. the Conde Nast Traveler magazine in 2014.
- Sports: Palm Beach County is considered the world’s winter equestrian capital with its bevy of horse show arenas. Polo is another top sport here with the International Polo Club in Wellington hosting some of the world’s most prestigious tournaments. Two professional baseball teams – the St. Louis Cardinals and the Miami Marlins – call Jupiter their home for spring training.
- Picturesque Beaches: With 47 miles of Atlantic coastline, Palm Beach County has countless public beaches and areas to enjoy the surf and sand.
- Hotels: Palm Beach County has more than 16,000 hotel rooms available, ranging from hotels along the coast to properties adjacent to the lntracoastal Waterway to those in walking distance to historic districts. Palm Beach County hotel occupancy climbed in 2014 to 73.4 percent compared to 71.6 percent in 2013, according to STR data.
- Schools: The Palm Beach County School District is the eleventh largest in the nation with 185 schools. Education Week recognized the District as having the eighth-highest graduation rate in the nation. Palm Beach County also has seven community colleges and two major universities: Florida Atlantic University and Palm Beach Atlantic University. Palm Beach County is also a four-hour drive away from two top-50 universities: The University of Florida in Gainesville and the University of Miami in Coral Gables.
- Hospitals: Sixteen Palm Beach County hospitals have 24/7 emergency rooms. Several hospitals have received national honors, including Jupiter Medical Center, which ranks among nine U.S. hospitals identified by Consumer Reports as the highest rated in fighting infection.
- Luxury Real Estate: With 47 miles of Atlantic coast line and pristine island views, Palm Beach County offers some of the world’s top luxury ocean front Singer Island and Billionaire’s Row attract high-net-worth individuals.
- Art and Culture: The nationally acclaimed Antique Row, the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, and the Norton Art Museum are just some of the top places in Palm Beach County for art, culture, and entertainment.
- Ecotourism: Palm Beach County has 35 nature areas encompassing more than 30,000 acres of environmentally sensitive Hike and use the facilities at Delray Oaks, Frenchman’s Forest, High Ridge Scrub, Hypoluxo Scrub, Juno Dunes, Jupiter Ridge, Leon M. Weekes, Ocean Ridge, Rosemary Scrub, Royal Palm Beach Pines, Seacrest Scrub, Sweet bay and Yamato Scrub.
- Great Biking Trails: The Lake Trail is one popular ride. It runs along the lntracoastal Waterway on Palm Beach Island, ending in a pier at the inlet. Riverbend Park, an award-winning park, offers biking, hiking, horse back riding and paddling opportunities.
- Top Place to Launch a Career: Forbes Magazine ranked the West Palm Beach/BocaRaton/Boynton Beach area as the top place in the entire state of Florida for business and careers in 2014. With major industries such as biotech, tourism and agriculture, Palm Beach County’s job sector finished 54th in the U.S. for the best place to launch a career.
- Emerging Tech Hub: App developers, website builders, and interactive game creators are launching businesses in Palm Beach County. The grow thin the tech sector fueled the recent start of Palm Beach Technology Association, an organization trying to build Palm Beach County as the next American tech hub.
- Budding Rail System: All Aboard Florida, a high-speed passenger rail connecting downtown Miami to Orlando, will have a West Palm Beach stop. Service is set to begin in early 2017 from Miami to West Palm Beach and the rest of the line by the end of 2017.
- Port of Palm Beach: The fourth busiest container port in Florida and one of the top-20 busiest container ports in the U.S., the Port of Palm Beach is primarily an export port. About 80 percent of its cargo is being exported all over the world. The Port and its tenants contribute a staggering $185 million annually in business revenue to the county.
[impress_city_links mls=”” city_list=”” use_columns=”0″ number_columns=”4″ styles=”1″ show_count=”1″ new_window=”0″ ]